Twitter for PD

Twitter is a platform that has really helped me as an educator.  When I was still in the classroom, I was in a district that did not offer much in the way of innovative technology professional development.  I started a professional Twitter account and spent time on it each day looking at different things people were doing in their classrooms.  I was able to start reading blogs and use all of that information to change the things I was doing in my classroom.  It became my place to go for ideas.  This was a few years ago and now Twitter has become a place you need to check for ideas.  There are so many teachers sharing what they are doing in their classrooms.  It has a wealth of information there for you to use.

It is also a good way to connect with other educators to have discussions.  Twitter chats are becoming popular and are great ways to have conversations with educators that you might not get an opportunity to talk to on a regular basis.  There have been some great conversations and connections made during the monthly Twitter chat that I help put on with the other instructional technology coaches in my district.  We use the hashtag #Prosper4ward to have the chats each month.  We are doing a 12 Days of Twitter challenge this month to get people doing some different things in their classrooms. 

Twitter is a great platform to learn and conncet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Dos and Don'ts

Career Goals and Growth

Social Networks